Saturday 5 January 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Sweet Tart : Review,Swatches, and LOTD :


Complexion - fair



Hello pretty ladies!

I am a big big makeup addict with particular lip product addiction :P I am too greedy to turn a blind eye every time I pass by cosmetic shops and malls as a result am almost always broke! :D

Just as I was getting over my Maybelline baby lips phase (no “getting over” does not mean I resisted it just means I had completed buying them all :P) I stared electrified at the FB Revlon page which announced the launch of these fabulous colorburst lip butters in india! *finally! Took you guys long enough duhh!* even though I had promised to myself no goodies this month  :P 
 so I am going to review for you all today  - Sweet Tart





What Revlon says about the Colorburst lip butters :

·          Buttery Balm + Shiny Color
·         Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated.
·         Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
·         Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
·         Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine
·         Available in 20 luscious shades

·         How To Use:
Starting with clean, dry lips, apply your favourite shade of Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter onto lips. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter can be worn with or without lip liner.  Reapply as often as desired for softer, smoother and instantly hydrated lips!

Price:
Around 7-9$ abroad but 600INR here for a tiny 2.55 gm L ( I had a mini heart attack when a beaming s.a told me)

My Take on the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Sweet Tart:

  I was completely bowled over by the non tugging hydrating buttery feel of the balm as it glided over my lips and made them look all plumped up and healthy 



Coming to the color, Sweet Tart is a very bright sweet bubblegum pink which I feel would go well with mostly fair-medium complexioned ladies J it makes my face look fun and girly brightening it up and can be a perfect go-to balm for those dull dreary days! The pigmentation is awesome for a creamy buttery balm and can be built up in 2-3 swipes without feeling heavy or cakey!

The lip butter comes packaged in a typical colorburst range packaging with color coded label(for ease of picking it up among our colorburst collection), similarly colored quilted cover and a slender silver tube J the balm being so soft in texture has a tendency to collect along the edges though! 

The staying power is an easy 3-4 hours on me without any balm/gloss beneath or over the butter J and I don’t at all mind whipping this beauty out of my bag to touch up my lips after that! :D it fades evenly (no patchiness darlings!) and lasts as a pinkish stain even after a light meal J isn’t it absolutely lovely from all the aspects?

Umm well except for the price L L it should have been retailed here for approx 450-500/- instead comes for a whopping 600 O_o !!! (bachhi ki jaan loge kya L)



The good: 

1.       Awesome luscious shades to choose from !
2.       Buttery soft in texture, glides over lips without any tugging
3.       Gives juicy burst of color to lips J
4.       Ultra moisturizing in nature J
5.       Bright girly color which will brightens up my face J
6.       Packaged in a color-coded way with a classy silver tube and quilted cover !
7.       Good staying power J
8.       Makes lips smooth reducing appearance of fine lines
9.       Good pigmentation and lasts as a stain after fading evenly!

The bad : 

1.       Sheer robbery here!! They are priced much more reasonably abroad L *weep*

2.       The melting buttery texture nature results it in being used up quickly in comparison to others and if not applied with a light hand can squish :-/

MY RATING : 
4.5/5 ( -0.5 for being being pricey, I didn’t have the heart to deduct anymore for the other con :P)

Do I Recommend??

Yess yess yess yess  :P Absolutely I do ! grab these superbly pigmented tempting buttery balms as many as your pocket permits and keep arguing with your brains which will definitely tell you to abstain :D happy fighting *smirk*

The swatches:
On my hand : (taken in daylight)


And this is how it looks on my lips : (without any primer,lip balm underneath or over it)


Note: color appears much brighter in person than in the clicks!


That’s all today from me ladies J have a great day and thank you for going through my  review here J I do hope you all liked it toodles!







No comments:

Post a Comment